Hysterectomy is a procedure in which the uterus (womb) is removed surgically from the body. There are various reasons for which the above procedure may be required.
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding
- Heavy periods not responding to medical treatment
- Large uterine fibroids or other uterine tumors
- Uterine or pelvic malignancies
- Endometrial hyperplasia
- Pelvic endometriosis not responding to medical management or conservative surgeries.
- Genital prolapse
- Many relative indications like chronic pelvic pain